Being cheerful and joyous everyday is not an easy thing to do, but essential. We all get attracted to people who are sweet, funny, easy to relate to and cheerful. Who would want to be around a sour, grumpy, angry individual who finds no good thing in life to smile about? Such negative traits remind us of our weaknesses and vulnerabilities in life, which we naturally do not want to be associated with.
Good habits are worth having and inculcating. In a world full of storms, disruptions and issues beyond our control, being of good cheer is a manifestation of a person who has mastered his fears. The right mindset, strong mentality and focusing on measurable & achievable goals would spur any individual onto a positive, progressive path in life. It is important to be realistic, even on our dreams and ambitions.
Things that will make you joyous and if good cheer:
- Forgive and let go. Do not dwell on the past and things you cannot control
- Celebrate your victories, no matter how small.
- Be good and helpful to others in need, the favour may be returned in unexpected ways.
- Give generously, and have least expectations from others
- Focus on your strengths and abilities in your chores
- Act on what matters and give your all. Just do it!
- Be always thankful and grateful.
- Give credit where it is due.